Catch Phrase Wednesday #5
Yesterday Riley was just full of funny things to say.
1) Last week my parents had told Josh that they would have us over on Monday night
to have dinner and watch the basketball game. When I talked to my mom on Monday
she didn't say anything about it. Josh came home and told me what they had said.
Then Riley said "Can we please go over to Grandma Christine's and Grandpa
John's?" I told him to call her. He did and left a message asking her to call us
back. When she called we handed Riley the phone to answer. He said "Hi
Grandma! So about this dinner and basketball game.....Do you want me to wear
underwear or pants?" Where that came from I have no idea, but Josh and I were
laughing so hard.
2) This week at pre-school they have been learning about community officers (ex.
police officers, firemen, etc.). Yesterday they learned about being patients for
doctors and dentists. At the end of the class they asked the children what it
meant to be a patient. Riley raised his hand and said "It's when you sit quietly
waiting for something." When he heard the word patient he wasn't thinking of
being a doctors patient, but of patiently waiting. What a smart kid!
3) I had tidied up while Riley was at pre-school and had moved a set of chocolate
bunnies that Riley got for Easter onto the counter. Last week Josh ate one.
When Riley saw that one had been eaten he asked "Did you eat one of my chocolate
bunnies?" I said "No, you're dad did" Riley was a little frustrated because we
have been talking to him about not getting into stuff without asking. After
thinking a little he said "First, he eats my chocolate eggs (Josh ate some of
Riley's other candy the week before) and now he eats one of my chocolate
bunnies. If my dad would ask it would be okay, but he didn't. The next time that
he eats one of my candies, I'm going to have to ground him for like 20 or 30
days".
4) Riley was in the kitchen yesterday afternoon while I was in the office. I could
here some little noises so I asked "Riley, what are you doing?" His response
was "Saving the world!" He walked out of the kitchen right after that and I still
don't know what he was up to, but oh well.






3 comments:
Aubrey I dont know what it is about this child but he is extra special. I love him. I am going to post it on my blog if thats ok.P.S. Cameron and i think that Jaqezee from American Idol is a black version of Riley
That is hilarious. I love the funny things my Ryli says too. I write them down as "Quotes by Ryli" in her journal.
Love it Love it. Keep up the smartness Riley.
Post a Comment