skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Thanksgiving was a little different this year....it was spent in Utah. Josh's parents, Josh, Riley & I loaded in the Expedition and left for Utah on Saturday, November 22 @ 3:00am (that's the time Josh's dad had been saying we were leaving all week long). As we pulled away from the house Riley yelled "Utah, Here we Come!" We made it to Reno and sat down in the warm Denny's off the freeway for breakfast. Then off we were again for Nephi, UT to see Josh's sister. We got there by dinner and had a great time seeing our nieces. They have grown up so much. After a couple days there Josh, Riley & I were off to see The Henderson Family in Syracuse, UT. We had lots to catch up on and the boys had so much fun playing in the basement all day long (I almost forgot that there were kids there). On the way back to Nephi we stopped @ the Salt Lake Temple and took a tour. We then stopped in Springville, UT where I was able to have a brief visit with my Great Aunt Helen and Great Uncle Dick. My family use to go to Springville during the summers and I have great memories from there. Once in Nephi we loaded Josh's parents cargo into the Expedition and off to Blanding, UT we went. Two of my brother-in-laws are from there. We had Thanksgiving and were able to be at Josh's other sister's daughter's baby blessing. Josh and I were also able to go out with our two brother-in-laws and go spotlighting for Elk. We went up the mountain where it was snowing and they found some tracks. After a lot of searching they were able to find a group of them. It was pretty neat! We also had a small snowball fight and I won. The day after Thanksgiving we started the long drive home. We stopped in Moab, UT to look @ the Colorado River. It was beautiful! We also stopped @ the Salt Lake Temple again for the first night of the Christmas Lights. We thought that since Thanksgiving was over it was time to get in the Christmas spirit. Once back in California, we meant to stop for a Christmas Tree @ Apple Hill but we ran out of daylight. We'll have to make some time to go to Apple Hill before Christmas. Lots of memories were had on this trip and I'm so thankful that I was able to visit with family and friends.
8 comments:
That is so awesome that you had a family road trip! How wonderful the Holidays are that we make time to see family and friends. We also love Apple Hill, we should plan a group trip. Although we already have a tree, we are very un-ECO with our fake tree but it was free.
I am glad you guys are back. I am still jealous that you got to hang out with Todd and Lisa.
I am glad that you got to go and see family. What an awesome adventure for Riley. I am glad everyone is back and safe and sound.
I'm glad you guys got to go. It was wierd not going to my aunt's though!
I'm jealous... I need a Utah Sate Sign for our collection. Looks like a great Thanksgiving. We missed Riley in Primary...
Looks like you had a blast in Utah for Thanksgiving. I am so curious about your trip. You said that you had visited The Henderson Family... do you mean Todd and Lisa Henderson? Let me know! How do you know them?
I had know idea that you were good friends with them. What a small world! Todd is my cousin from my mom's side. I just love them! I wish I could have visited them with you! ;) You have a beautiful family, by the way!
Hey, we were on the same route for thanksgiving but we headed north to Idaho for the last 3 hours instead of east to Utah. Long drive, huh? Glad you guys had a good time while you were there!
Post a Comment