Friday, March 27, 2009

11-99: Officer Down


(As much as I don't like posting sad things this is still a memory that I will always remember.)

On Saturday, March 21, 2009 four Oakland officers were killed by a lone gunman. Sgt. Mark Dunakin, Sgt. Ervin Romans, Sgt. Daniel Sakai, and Officer John Hege all put there lifes on the line that day and paid the ultimate price.

"This is a tragic day," said Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger. "All four officers dedicated their lives to public safety and selflessly worked to protect the people of Oakland. Our thoughts and prayers are with the families of those lost."

Many are mourning this huge loss! So as we go about our daily tasks today I hope that we can all take a moment and think of these officers.

3 comments:

Katrice Phipps said...

I sure will!!

Unknown said...

When i watched the eulogizes this afternoon, i was in tears. Its just so sad.

Jenni said...

So sad. I am so glad that none of the officers that we know and love were injured. Hold them all a little closer.