Sunday, April 26, 2009

It Just Keeps Getting Better & Better....

......not really.

So we moved into our new place a few weeks ago. Our freon pipe on our old fridge broke when we moved it from storage to the garage and the one that was left in the house was disgusting (I even found 2 pincher bugs in the door). So my dear husband trying to save us some money volunteered to clean the new one and buy/install new door gaskets on it so nothing could get inside. $200 for gaskets and a new water line. We thought fine we'll do that. Gaskets installed.....fridge door won't close. So we call the appliance store and they come fix the problem ($150 for them to do it). If they would have just explained things when we bought the gaskets we could have done it ourselves and been fine, but they didn't. Anyways, fridge doors fixed on to the new water line. Josh put it on and it had a small leak so he turned the water off and got some "plumber's putty". He added some plumbers putty...no leak. We left the fridge out and checked a few times on the water line and it was fine. Josh pushed the fridge back to it's spot and we went to bed. At 6 am Wednesday morning Riley wakes me up with "Mom, there's a bug and water downstairs!" I run downstairs to find some water coming from a downstairs wall. I call my mom/ our landlord and she comes over. We couldn't figure it out until she says "What did you guys do yesterday? What was different?" I thought of the air conditioner and then she asked if Josh worked on the fridge. So we pull the fridge out to see water gushing from the water line. The kitchen is upstairs and the water ran down the wall all night long. Riley's carpet has to be replaced (brand new carpet) and the insurance had to take out the wall between his room and the bathroom and rip up the new tile that was just laid. So we now all live upstairs again and have been listening to fans drying things out night after night. Let's just add that my allergies are going crazy and I may have strep throat.

Can it get worse? I'm sure it can so we are still counting our blessings!


On the brighter side, I love having our own space and since we don't have television set up yet there have been lots of family game nights. Riley is a pro @ UNO. Our little baby is doing great and growing and Josh is getting noticed by quite a few sergeants and lieutenants for his hard work. We were sustained today with our church callings.....Josh is a Sunday school teacher for the 15-16 year old youth and I was called as the Mia Maid advisor.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yippie and update... so sorry about the fridge! It must be cursed. Glad to hear everything else is going well (except your allergies and possible strep) We miss you (well I know I do) in YW!!

Meetthekellys said...

Living in a construction zone is not easy. I am glad your baby is thriving. I hope you like your new ward. What one are you in anyway?

Amber Carter said...

She's in my ward! :) I didn't hear about your callings at church so congrats! Did you ever hear about the Sears oulet in San Leandro? Its a great place for discounted appliances. Sorry to hear about the water leak, we had one not long ago too. At least you have insurance to help you out.

Jenni said...

Sucks. What else can I say? It will be over soon. So.. you are back in YWs again? Nice.