Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Chase!

1 year old and wiser too!
Chase officially turned 1 on Friday.
We started the day by singing to Chase once we heard him awake downstairs.
He didn't enjoy it as much as we had expected. lol




He had his 12-month Dr's appt. where his statistics were:

Weight: 20 lbs 8.2 oz. (17%)
Height:2'6"(59%)
Chase loves his doctor and he got a few new books to add to his part of the library.

After the doctors we headed home to get things ready for a relaxing
backyard BBQ with friends and family.
Josh's mom, Veda, and I made this banner that I had seen on a website.
I love it!

Josh worked really hard on the yard for a few weeks for this party with the help of his dad.
It turned out perfect!
(more about the yard coming up in a later post)
Chase enjoyed having everyone around.
After the yummy food we relaxed and then ate some cake & brownies.


I made the brownies and cake and then with the help of the talented Megan Z.
we decorated it (during the party).
It was awesome and oh so yummy!
Chase loved it

and liked it even more once he got to eat it.
Of course since he was sitting by Cousin Rob & it was Chase's bday he got
a lot of frosting snuck to him throughout the night.
Rob then used the frosting to get Chase ready for war. lol



Later, we sat around the fire pit, roasted marshmellows and then opened a present.
He got his very own Bumblebee Transformer.

The night was a blast and it was a great way to celebrate Chase's 1st year!

At the end of the night as Josh & I were wiped out we each wrote a letter to Chase.





5 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE the letters! Such a cute idea that I just might have to steal for Max!! Thanks for inviting us to the party. Max had a good time hanging out with Chase and all the other kids.
PS: I think I left my turquoise table spoon there... anyways Happy 1st Chase!

Steven & Jennifer Clegg said...

Happy Birthday, Chase!! We LOVE you, too!! No one can resist you, little man!

I LOVE the letter idea, too. We're stealing it for sure! We're glad that we made it to his party, too. It was a lot of fun and the food was DELICIOUS!

Katrice Phipps said...

Sorry we missed it!

Anonymous said...

such a cute idea!!! happy bday chase!!!!

Jenni said...

Love the banner, love the cake, love the letters.