Valentine's Weekend
I love Valentine's Day and this year was probably my favorite. Josh was home with pink eye which I know he hated, but it was nice to have him with me while I did my daily activities. He was able to see Riley's pre-school and be at home with us to relax. Josh did leave baloons on my car while I was at work that evening, but my favorite part was actually sitting in Jack-In-The-Box eating lunch and talking. It's not about the presents and the money spent......it's all about the simple things for me. On that note, I decided that I was going to extend Valentine's Day into the weekend so on Friday I heart attacked Josh's car at work (the deputies that were walking by as I decorated were cracking up). Riley spent the night at G&G Phillips' and I made dinner for just the two of us. Josh came home to post-its all over the door that said I love you and then walked inside while a cd that I had made when we were dating was playing.
Candles laid out to spell words were everywhere and pictures of us when we were dating were out as well. It was very romantic and it was neat to sit down and look at photos from those times.
We got up at 5 am to go get donuts and watch the sunrise at Mt. Diablo like we use too. We got to the park and found out that they don't open until 8 am. We were bummed, but we still enjoyed our donuts. We ended up able to go watch our neice, Amber, play a good game of indoor soccer and hang out with the Phillips 2 fam. It was a great weekend....thanks Janelle for all those tea lights.
I LOVE YOU JOSH! ..
4 comments:
How fun!!!
I am glad they were used for something Cute idea!!!
Look at you little sweet hearts. I love that you are so in love.
Man you make me look really bad. I had a terrible valentine's day. Good ideas but nothing turned out. So goes a day in the life of Jay. I'm not a very good planner. Well, there's always next year. I'm glad you two enjoyed yourselves.
Post a Comment