Thursday, October 07, 2010

Chasing Chase #6

I've been so busy chasing Chase that I haven't updated on just him for a long time and since he turns 1 tomorrow I have to get this post done TODAY!

So some of this is recapping but I want to make sure these things are documented somewhere other than just my head.

November

We had a great Thanksgiving with family. Josh & Chase did what they do best together..... SNUGGLE

December

1st smile

January

He had his very 1st bite of food with a spoon.
He wasn't so sure about the texture of the spoon.

Chase thinks that the weirdest things are hilarious.
When Josh says "hamburger" like the detective on the pink panther (pronounced hambuger) he laughs so hard.





February


Chase had some breathing issues and had an ear infection (both the boys did) so we were having to do breathing treatments and give Chase bubble gum flavored medicine.


He loved the medicine, but hated the breathing treatments.
He was such a trooper and by the end of the month would just sit back when I put the little puppy dog mask over his face.
He has never had to use it again since that month.
Thank Goodness!


Chase enjoyed playing on his play mat and finding out what each thing did.


March
Chase rolled over for the 1st time.
Here he is trying so hard but he gets too into the camera.
As said before he loves the camera.
The minute I turn the camera on it chimes and he focuses all his attention on it.





May

Chase room was finally done and we moved him to his crib. (I didn't sleep very well the first few nights because of me being so nervous.)
He did fine though and at the end of the month
was use to the pack-n-play @ Grandma Phillips too.
Chase loves the water so we spent a lot of time @ the local water park.
(boys ready to go swim) Chase had his 1st ride on the quads in Grandma Phillips backyard.






June

His statistics for his 8 month appt. (6/11/10) were:
Weight: 19 lbs. 5.9 oz (45%)
We made the drive to Utah and Chase was already on such a good schedule that he slept for most of the ride there.

Chase started army crawling at the end of the month.




July



His statistics for his 9 month appt. (7/19/10) were:


Weight: 18 lbs 14 oz. (20%)

Since he dropped in weight a little and was in the 20% this month his doctor asked me to add formula to his food and to start bringing him in each month.
It was fine, but anyone that looks at this kid can see that he isn't withering away and knows that the kid eats quite a bit. lol

Chase accomplished clapping all by himself and claps about everything now.
It's the cutest thing.
He always looks so proud of himself that he can clap. :)





We went to Bass Lake at the end of the month and Chase got his 1st hair cut.
It was awesome!
I just trimmed his little natural mohawk and buzzed the sides a bit.




August

Chase and Riley now share a room due to having Josh's co-worker move in for a while.
Riley obviously would like to have his own room, but Chase is loving it.
I find Chase trying to get Riley's attention when they are suppose to be taking naps.

On the 18th, we went to a bagel shop for some bagel sandwiches and Josh bought a brownie.
Chase wanted some so bad so Josh handed him THE WHOLE brownie.
Check it out!





Riley started school this month and Chase really missed his backseat buddy. Riley gave Chase his 1st wiggle car ride around Grandma & Grandpa Dimsdale's kitchen.





September
This has been the big month for Chase.

On September 2nd he had his 1st taste of a smoothie and his 1st brain freeze.
He loved it of course and refused to put it down.
We were surprised how well he did with the straw.

Chase is such a great baby and tolerates me having to run around all the time.
Once while over at Veda & Bernard's while I was busy getting PTA fliers ready I found Chase asleep on the floor.

He still army crawls and refuses to get on his knees. He is pretty fast!.
He is pulling himself up to everything now. We had to lower his bed so that when he stands up in his crib he won't fall out.

Chase loves playing with the most simple of things.
Who needs toys when you can make your own game with a plastic bowl and a binky?
9/16/2010 - Here he is cracking himself up with his own game.





Chase gets into EVERYTHING!

Chase has also decided this month that he will take the hardest way to get to things. Instead of just going around a chair he will go under it (as shown below).



He has also been making this face when he gets agitated for the past couple of months and I was finally able to catch it on camera.
October

Chase is becoming such a rough & tumble little boy.
He loves being tossed around and wrestling.
The kid laughs when I lightly slap him on the face. We attended a ward skate night for church and Chase enjoyed skating around with Josh.
Chase loves his bath time.

Binkys have been this kids favorite.
Over the year he has turned it every possible way and stuck it in his mouth.
I have had other moms eyeing me in stores or ask if I knew he was doing that.
When I would respond with "Yeah I know. That's just what he does" they would look at me like I was crazy.
Oh well....I personally think it is hilarious!





It has been a great year with Chase in our home!
We can't wait for all the ones to come.


5 comments:

Heather said...

A year old all ready?! Wow! Time flew.
He's a gorgeous boy!

Unknown said...

Chase makes me laugh! He is such a crack up. Love that Max has a church buddy now!! The One Year Round up was great and we are so excited to celebrate Chase's 1st Birthday!

Brent and Britta said...

The binki this is hilarious! I love it!

Amber Carter said...

So funny! He is a cutie. I seriously cannot believe it has been a year already! Wow, time flies! He is looking more and more like Riley.

Jenni said...

I love the binki thing too. I love it when people in Target judge you. ;)