Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Chasing Chase #8


ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS ARE....

(as you can see Chase is not a fan of Santa at all)

...all my teeth.

Chase officially started to cut a tooth at the end of November.
Not just one tooth though, but all front four!
He pretty much will gnaw on anything these days.

You can find him gnawing on the table,

sippy cup tops, or whatever feels good at the time.
We've even found him chewing on the stairs!

He has also started throwing tantrums.
Yay me!
He lays himself on the floor and flips over on his back as if all is lost in the world.
We just ignore him and he normally gets over it pretty fast.



I'm betting that in January this little boy will be walking.
He has taken his first steps already (at a baptism when I didn't have my camera going) and we have found him standing by himself a few times. Of course the moment that we point out to him that he is standing all by himself he melts to the ground and refuses to try to stand again.

For such a little guy he has quite the personality.
From being overly stubborn....
(I've been trying to teach him how to sign more in sign language, but every time I try to make him he "growls" at me and hides his hands.)



to being extremely funny and entertaining.


You never know what the day will bring with this little one.
Yesterday Josh's mom was getting Chase something to drink.
She had put a little bit of juice in his sippy while he was busy doing something else.
When she filled the sippy the rest of the way with water Chase was paying attention.
She went to hand him his sippy and he completely snubbed her
(turned all the way around until his back was to her).
She offered it again and he again snubbed her.
She decided to pick up the container that had the juice in it and pretend to put juice in it. Then she handed it to him and he took it and guzzled it down.
When did he learn that putting a glass up to the refrigerator only meant you were getting water?

3 comments:

khriz said...

look like you've got a REALLY smart on on your hands!!!
GOOD LUCK with that!

Knight knughts said...

Oh what beautiful eyes he has. I love that his personality is showing more and more. What great kids you have. Love ya guys.

Jenni said...

Funny little guy. How do you raise such hilarious kids? I don't get it, you guys are so boring! ;)