Monday, July 23, 2007

Shasta



Two weekends ago Josh and I went houseboating in Lake Shasta with my best friend, Heather, and her family. The water was really low (some of the boat ramps were completely out of water), but the weather was great and Lake Shasta was still beautiful. Heather also invited a couple of her other girlfriends from college since it was her birthday that weekend and we all had a great time. Josh and I tried to wakeboard, but ended up drinking a bunch of lake water (probably why it's going down a foot a day). I did learn to knee board and by Sunday was getting pretty good at it. We decorated and had a birthday dinner for Heather Sunday night and then took some funny pictures with our new inventions...Saturday afternoon while hanging out in the lake we decided to put our life vests on like diapers so that the upper 1/2 of our bodies would stay above water. We had a great time, plenty of pictures to prove it, but are glad to be out of our bathing suits that we lived in while we were there.

2 comments:

Knight knughts said...

Looks like some fun was had. We go to Lake Powell in Aug. We will have all the kids and more so I am nervous. Good job on kneeboarding. I will never do it.

Brian, Emily, Charlie, and Lucy said...

So fun! Your blog is adorable:) Riley is getting so big -- I can't believe it:) Yay for blogging friends!