Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Catch Phrase Wednesday #17

It's been a while, but here are the latest and greatest sayings from Riley.

1. Riley was playing a race car videogame with Josh (It's what my boys do while I'm gone) and Riley was crashing into everything. Josh said "Riley, you need to drive straight and not crash into things." Riley responded back with "How am I suppose to know that? I don't have a driver's license!"
(I'm hoping that his driving skills get a lot better by the time he gets one.)

2. I let Riley buy lunch once a week @ school because he thinks that it's awesome. Anyways, I asked him on Monday what he had eaten that day. "Nacho Grande! and Guess What?...It wasn't even spicy." "
Why did you pick it if you knew it might be spicy?"
(We've been having to talk to him about not picking foods that he's not going to eat and then throwing it away)
"I just sensed it wasn't going to be spicy. Seriously Mom, I can just sense these things."
Apparently he's back into the whole spiderman thing and his spidey-senses are in full effect.

3. The other night he looked @ me & said "Life is Good!" I responded with "Yeah, we have a lot to be thankful for don't we?" "Well yeah, but I was talking about how I get to sleep upstairs on the couch." As he said that he put his arms behind his head and lays back on the couch to relax.I guess I'm thankful that he's so laid back and that being moved to the couch isn't bothering him.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I can just see Riley on the couch... where does he come up with this stuff?!

Steven & Jennifer Clegg said...

Soooo cute!! I haven't seen you guys since last June! Steve and I are moving back to California, so we'll have to come see you guys when we're finally there. Thank you for your unrelated-to-the-post comment. I loved it! Thank you so much for your support and love. We love you guys, too! Congrats on baby #2, as well. Riley will be a great big brother :)

Jenni said...

So glad catch phrase is back. I love Riley. I love your Imogen Heap song too. I love her.