Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Catch Phrase Wednesday #24

WARNING: While reading what my child says next know that we do teach him what is right and did have a chat with him about loving people from the inside out.

I got Riley's class picture from his school and was looking over all the students pictures. When I got to a little girl named Karen I was reminded how Riley had had such a big crush on her while they were in Kindergarten together.
I asked "Hey Riley, do you remember how you use to have a huge crush on Karen?"
He said "Yeah!"
I asked "Do you still have a crush on her?"
He responded with "No. She's kinda gotten out of shape."
Other things that Riley has been up to lately....

What is wrong with this picture?



Riley is always taking or swapping toys with Chase.
It's hilarious to find my 7 year old playing with toddler toys
and my 1 year old playing with Star Wars toys.


Riley was Student of the Month in his class for the month of September.
His picture even made it in the local newspaper.

Soccer season came and went and Riley improved quite a bit.

He still didn't make a goal this year, but he was so close a few times.
I'm pretty sure next year will be his year.




Riley is such a boy and has such a big imagination.
Here is a picture of army men hanging from Grandma & Grandpa Phillips' balcony .
It's something that his dad used to do when he was little too.
Riley lost his 1st tooth in October!
His permanent teeth have already come in behind and we have been waiting for
these slow pokes to be loose.
I tell Riley that he is like a shark with his rows of teeth.
So when I saw how loose one tooth was I told him I was taking it out that day.
Here he is before the tooth came out & while I was trying to pull it out.
It was so tiny I couldn't get a good grip on it and ended up having to use tweezers.



He is so happy that he finally lost a tooth.
He went to school the next day & told his class during "Good Morning News".


For Halloween Riley was Snake Eyes.
With Josh's creativity they added a sheath and some other things to his costume.
He was the best looking Snake Eyes out there.
He had been to so many trunk-or-treats and other Halloween events that when it came down to Halloween night he only trick-or-treated at a few houses.
I think he was Halloweened out and wanted to just be home with us and my cousins family.

4 comments:

Steven & Jennifer Clegg said...

I LOVE Riley!! He is honestly my favorite 7 year old ever :) Can't wait to see you guys on Saturday. It's been too long....like over a week!! I can't handle being away from you Phillips people that long. Lol! Sad, but true....

Katrice Phipps said...

Nice costume Riley & congratulations on losing your first tooth!

Anonymous said...

Look at your handsome boy's they are beautiful.. and they are growing and getting so big. I love it. Love and miss you guy's

Jenni said...

Gosh...it feels like I haven't seen your blog in forever! Crazy life. Those shark teeth are crazy! Our Ryli is about to loose her 8th tooth any day now! Cade really liked the hanging GI Joes. He is getting some good ideas.