Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Just the 2 of Us

Between Josh's work schedule, getting the backyard done for Chase's 1st birthday and now his new church calling as Scout Master the spare time that we have is mostly dedicated to doing things with the boys.
Over the past two months we might not have had quantity, but we have had quality dates.

I had been hearing for the longest time how great the play "WICKED" was, so when I told Josh @ the beginning of September that it was leaving the Bay Area in just a few nights he got online & bought tickets for that night.
It was AMAZING!
So glad that we were able to see it before it was gone.

A few weeks later one of Josh's favorite bands, Paramore, came to San Jose with the
Honda Civic Tour.
Josh had never been to a concert before so we had to go.
The other artists that performed were:

Kadawatha
They're a Swedish Rockband and they were pretty good.



New Found Glory
They were awesome and really got the crowd going!



Tegan & Sara
I really didn't like them and they kept going on & on.
I didn't like them so much that after I used the restroom I decided to stay in there and take pictures of myself rating them.




Then Paramore came out and they rocked the house!



I don't think Josh could have asked for a better 1st concert and I'm so glad that I got to experience that with him.

A few weekends ago was Urban Shield (S.W.A.T team scenarios) and since I wasn't pregnant or just having a baby I was able to be a part of it with Josh.

We were assigned to the Amtrack scenario where we were
"hostages" on a train with "terrorists" the first day.

On the second day Josh and I were both able to be "terrorists" and shoot simunition guns @ the S.W.A.T teams.
It was a lot of fun!


We've had so much fun on these outings with it being just the two of us, but we love our boys & wouldn't change anything about them.
(Okay...maybe that they listen better.)
So when Halloween came around we spent it with the boys, but we did decide to dress up.
The family theme was G.I Joes.
We were all G.I Joes and Riley was Snake Eyes.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Man, that post was worth it for me just for the bathroom pictures! Hilarious. I can't believe that Josh had never been to a concert!