Utah
The day after Christmas we headed to UTAH!
Josh & I have found that driving at night is way easier with kids because they sleep the whole time.
Not as many potty/ I'm hungry breaks so it makes the drive a lot faster.
Chase did have to get out & stretch his legs once.
Of course he picked the middle of Nevada at 2 am when it was only 20 degrees outside.
Josh & him jumped & jogged around for a bit & avoided the black ice on the ground for a few minutes.
The best story out of the trip there though was when we were about an hour away from Josh's sister's house Riley started searching for something in the car.
When we asked him what he was looking for he said "My tooth."
Apparently during the drive in the middle of the night he had tried to open his water bottle that had a push top on it & his loose tooth had popped out & flown somewhere in the car.
He said "Yeah I saw it ricochet off the seat it front of me & then I have no idea where it went. I figured you didn't want to be bothered so I went back to sleep."
We asked if his mouth bled at all & he said "Yeah a little. No big deal."
Our boys were so excited about snow since we don't get any where we are.
Of course when we went there was like no snow in Utah.
We probably looked crazy & everyone could probably tell we were from out of state when the boys got in all their snow gear to play & sled down the left over snow in the front yard.
This was Chase's 1st time in snow.
Chase found a friend in their dog, Abbey.
She kept him company in the backyard as he shoveled snow.
Josh was able to go have some "guy time" with B on the mountain.
I don't think Chase had ever been around this many girls for this long.
He didn't know what to do with himself.
Josh's sister was able to fit in a photo shoot of us.
It was a hard photo shoot with the boys (none were on the same page),
but she was able to still catch some great shots.
I LOVE this picture of Chase.
His eyes are to die for & it's just so Chase.
Can't believe how old Riley is getting.
We hit up the ice rink out there.
Riley picked back up where he had left off a few years ago.
This was the 1st time for Chase to have his own skates.
Aren't little skates so cute?
The girls rocked the ice skating too.
We also went to Thansgiving Point's Museum of Ancient Life.
Our boys were amazed.
I think all the kids had a great time especially when it came to hands on items.
The craziest part of this day trip was listening to other parents calling their kids over
that were named DAXTON.
Not so uncommon of a name in Utah.
Daxton loved his cousins & all the attention they gave him.
He especially liked when they ran around him while Aunt Nelle held him superman style.
He got a little too excited though & spit up all over Aunt Nelle.
We love our time in Utah & wish it could be more often.









No comments:
Post a Comment