Monday, January 21, 2013

Mavericks

 The perfect weather and set of waves hit the coast yesterday.
So the Mavericks Surf Contest was set.
Unfortunately, due to past years of people getting hurt from waves crashing on shore the authorities shut down the beach and all access to view the contest.
We drove down early in the morning and sat in a huge line of cars to park to find out there really was no way to see the contest.

The weather was beautiful though so we soaked it up with Josh's friend/coworker's family.

Took a walk along the water, climbed some rocks,

watched some surfers,

& of course ate some snacks.

I had no idea how great the weather was going to be so I wore my UGG boots on the walk.
I was sweating because it was so warm. Never had that great of weather at the beach.
Thankfully I had a pair of flip flops in the back of the SUV to change into.

We headed to a nearby pizza place but the boys fell asleep so we continued our drive along the coast towards Santa Cruz. It was so beautiful.
Everyone ended up falling asleep so when I stopped to check out some great waves
 I took a selfie.

It was a much needed family day and as much as we were dissapointed to not see the surfers surfing the massive waves we loved every minute of it.
Ice cream at Fenton's to finish the day off doesn't hurt either.

No comments: