Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Catch Phrase Wednesday #7

1) The other day Riley gave Josh a pack of Juicy Fruit bubblegum to take to work.
When he handed him the pack he looked at Josh very seriously and said "When you
get to work you have to ask your Sergeant if you can have a piece. If he says no
though you can't."

2)Yesterday I was taking care of my friend's son while she was in labor having her
2nd baby. We had gone out to lunch and he was having a hard time and started
crying. When it was time to go I looked down the table and asked Riley if he was
ready to go. He responded with "Yes. Mom I think you need to just take that kid
outside and spank him. I need a break from all the whining and crying." Jackie and I will make sure to remind Riley about this when he's whining and crying over something.

3)On Monday we were helping Riley get in his hockey gear. When we put his helmet on
and brought the cage down over his face he looked @ us and said "Welcome to hell."
It was pretty funny, but we did talk to him about not saying things like that. He
said that he had heard it on the movie Ratatouille.

5 comments:

Katrice Phipps said...

Oh my gosh, I love it. I sure needed a good laugh!!!

Jenni said...

Really?! They say that on Ratatouille? I don't remember that. I know it is so hard not to laugh when your kids suprise you with "Oh crap!" or "that sucks"... then you have to do damage control and are constantly corrected by your kids when you continue to say those things.

Janelle said...

Aub, it was so fun to check up on your blog and see all the fun stuff that has been going on. Riley is a character and I miss him so much. I was just thinking the other day and am probably going to post about it how I always thought that Ri and London would always be so close since when they were babies they spent almost everyday together. Now that they are going to Kindergarten I wish they had eachohter to watch over. Love ya, and miss you guys.

Shayla said...

What a hilarious kid! That boy is so funny, I love your Catch Phrase Wednesdays!

Unknown said...

thanks for letting us know about the CHPers in your family. Brad was happy to know he had other people to talk to about stuff if needed. We'll be sure to call if some crazy question comes up.
-jackie and brad