Catch Phrase Wednesday #11
1) On our trip to Disneyland we took the back off of Riley's car seat and made it a
booster seat. Nothing was said the whole trip, but the other day when Riley got
in the Expedition he was amazed that his seat was a booster seat. He asked "What
do I do with this seat?" My response "You just sit in it like you did when it
had the back". We drove from Josh's parent's house to my parents house. When he
walked into my parent's house he went to my dad and said "Grandpa, guess what? I
don't have to wear a seatbelt anymore!" My dad looked at him and said "What are
you talking about? Yes you do. Everyone does. Your mommy will get pulled over
by the police if you don't." "But my mom said that all I had to do was sit in my
seat." was Riley's comeback. Needless to say, he sat in his seat without his
seatbelt that drive and I had to explain to him that from now on he always needs
to wear a seatbelt. I guess I need to be more specific.
2)This was on his birthday, but I just remembered it. Also, a little info. so that
this makes a little more sense......Riley eats a quesadilla almost every day for
lunch.
Anyways, on his birthday we asked Riley where he wanted to go have his
birthday dinner. As most younger kids he wanted McDonalds. I really didn't want
fast food so I asked "Don't you want something else? What about mexican food?" I
was amazed when he said "I hate mexican food!" "Riley, you eat quesadillas all the
time. That's mexican food." He looked at me puzzled and said "It is not. Grandma
Phillips makes me quesadillas all the time and she's not mexican." All I could do
was laugh and we did end up at McDonalds as he had requested from the start.
3)I've been talking to Riley a lot about kindergarten since he will be starting
soon. Last night, I asked him if he was excited and he said "Yeah!" Then he
turned to me and said "Do I get to go to one of those schools that at lunch time
you put a tray out and they put the food on it?" I smiled and explained that yes
they had that at the school he would be going to and that those were called hot
lunches. I thought it was funny that off of the different shows and movies that
he's watched that thats something that stuck out to him.
2 comments:
I love that kid. Can't wait for catch phrase Bass Lake style!
ok where did he come from.. He is hillariouse. I love the butt bone one and the internet one. Your blog is so funny
Post a Comment