skip to main |
skip to sidebar
September 11th is a day that we will never forget, but this year it hit a little closer to home for me. This past Saturday,September 6, Sergeant Paul Starzyk of Martinez police was shot and killed while on duty. Even though we didn't know him Riley, Veda & I stood out by the nearby freeway today as his funeral procession drove by with multiple law enforcement agencies in attendance. Not only was I thinking of all the troops that are fighting for us daily and all those that lost their lives on September 11, 2001, but I thought of those that are here serving our comunities. Josh and I both come from families that have quite a few people in law enforcement. They go out daily to serve those around them and risk their lives daily. I try not to think about if something were to happen in the jail or a phone call from a family member saying they were injured, but the truth of the matter is it could happen. Today while watching all these law enforcement agencies drive by I explained to Riley that even though they are all from different cities they all support each other. It's a comforting feeling to know that we are a part of this bigger family. Our prayers go out to the Starzyk family, the troops and all that put their lives on the line daily.
2 comments:
Aubrey I love the way you explain things to Riley. What a sweet heart he will have towards people as he grows each day
One of my friends knew Paul. It is so sad!
Post a Comment