Wednesday, November 25, 2009

They're Back

That's right Catch Phrase Wednesdays are back!
I have been trying to keep track of all the funny things that Riley has been coming up with lately.

*Riley will say "survey says" out of no where.

*Veda took Riley in Bernard's work truck yesterday to go pick up Bernard. When Riley climbed into the truck he said "Cool! I get to ride in a dirty old work truck!
Only my child would say such a thing.

We're not sure why, but Riley has been kind of spacey lately. It has been frustrating, but the other day all I could do was laugh.
*My son actually got his shoes on and started to walk out the door in his shirt and underwear. I just looked at him and asked "What are you doing? Do ya think your missing something?" He looked at me a little puzzled and then said "Oh yeah...pants."

*He also put this helmet on backwards when he was skateboarding. I tried to explain that it was on backwards and would probably fit better if he flipped it around but ya know....Riley knows best.

*The other day Josh rolled down his window in the car and hawked-a-loogie outside. Riley said "Don't do that dad" Josh asked why which Riley replied with "Because it's not good for the earth." Josh asked how it wasn't good for the earth and Riley said "It's not good for the earth because...well....Jesus just doesn't want us to do that!"

Not much you can say to that is there.

His latest goofy moment was when he got in a fight with the rake.



We were having a outdoor cleaning day on Saturday in the front yard and in the garage. We had asked Riley to pick up all the raked up leaves and throw them in the yard waste bin. I noticed a picture moment as he sat next to the waste bin sulking because he didn't want to do the yard work. So I got my camera out and tried to sneak up on him, but he caught me. When I went to take his picture I noticed that his eye left eye was swollen and had a bruise starting on it. I asked what happened and he replied with "I threw the rake and it hit me back!" Apparently, he was so upset about picking up the leaves that he threw the rake and it hit the ground and bounced back and hit him right in the eye. It's a nice shiner! Too bad he doesn't have a cool story to tell when people ask.


Also, keep a look out next week for Chase's weekly update and what it will be called. Any thoughts?

2 comments:

Jenni said...

That's funny. I think I got in a fight with a rake once. My Ryli said something funny to me this morning: "SOmeday I will have a husband and then he will drive slow like Daddy." I was dying.
How about Chasing Chase or On the Chase or In Hot Pursuit?

Amber Carter said...

The black eye was so much worse in person on Sunday last week. Must have been the day after the incident. I can't believe it was from a rake, funny guy!

Loved the story about walking out in his underwear... LOL!

Looking forward to hearing the news on Chase!