Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Riley, Riley, Riley

Life would be pretty boring without Riley.
As much as he drives me a little crazy, I can't imagine my life without him.
Not a day goes by that he doesn't bring a smile to my face or make me laugh.
He has really become his own person and I find myself thinking "Do I really have an almost 7 year old?"




Riley got a bike for Christmas and when he was finally able to take it out he took right to it. Josh took him to the elementary school by the house and when they came back about 1 1/2 hours later I asked how it went. "He can ride his bike just fine." was Josh's response. I was pretty amazed since Riley has never even attempted to ride a bike with no training wheels. We went back later that night so that he could show me and sure enough he was riding really well. He needed help to start, but other than that he was good.

He loves skateboarding and as long as the weather is cooperating, which isn't very often these days, he is outside riding his skateboard and trying to learn new tricks. He spent the night at his cousins a while ago and they pretty much lived on their skateboards the whole time.
Riley's room is in the process of being redone and of course he went with the skateboard theme. Josh and I were able to find some cool skateboarding/bmx bedding. Riley is also totally into hats and clothes right now so we got him a few things.


Josh has been able to have some one on one time with Riley too which I think Riley really appreciates. They made homemade bread together at a school function and went to a Stockton Thunders Hockey game together (thanks for the tickets Drew & Jax!). The game was a complete surprise for Riley and he called me to thank me and tell me where he was. He was so excited and was able to see his 1st hockey fight.








We were also able to go as a family to a Warriors game for "Law Enforcement Night" a few months ago. Riley loved it, but got a little misty-eyed when they were honoring all the fallen officers from years past.






Riley has also been able to go on some great fieldtrips this year that I've been able to chaperone on. This last one was at a local farm where he learned where a lot of our food comes from. Here he is grinding wheat.


3 comments:

Jenni said...

Great Riley update. Looks like he is getting a lot of attention and having a lot of fun, even if all the posts are about Chase! LOL. j/k

Katrice Phipps said...

Looks like Roley has been a busy boy!

Katrice Phipps said...

Ha ha, I mean Riley!