Sunday, September 23, 2012

My Little Bird

Since Daxton is our little bird we thought there would be no better theme but just that.
So my good friend, Jackie, and I started working on invitation ideas.
At first we started thinking along the lines of the book "Are You My Mother?"

I soon realized though that as much as I liked the idea & the invitations
I thought they were maybe a little too formal & baby showerish for my personality.
So we scratched the whole invite & theme & ended up with these.
Simple & cute & just much more us.
Thanks Jackie for the help. You are amazing with the computer as well as the lense.

We started the party day off with donuts.
Sprinkled of course!

And then during nap time we got the backyard ready 
& the food ready at the "Bird Feeder".
We had bird nest sandwiches (pinwheels), fruit on a stick (kabobs), bird seed (trail mix) & veggies.
Note: Don't leave broccoli out....it stinks!
We also had a bird bath (cooler with waters).

And for desert we had bird cake pops & dirt cupcakes with worms.

It was a really low-key, relaxing party.
Just the way we wanted it to be.


The birthday boy loved his personal can cake.
Chase helped him blow out the candle.
I think Daxton was in awe that it was all his.

Then he got into a stare down with the cake.
Get in my belly!

Then he really dug into it.

And then tried to become one with the cake.
He was on a serious sugar high.

We are so thankful for all the family & friends that came to celebrate this special day!
Can't believe that we will never have another 1st birthday in our little family.

No comments: