Riley Ketchups #1
I need to get better about remembering the Catch Phrase things that Riley says, but for the times that he doesn't have Catch Phrase lines he still needs to be included in the blog.
So there will be Riley Ketchups once a month since he does a lot of neat things & I don't want to forget about them just because they don't fall into the Catch Phrase Wednesdays.
Riley had his 1st school report.
9/28
They had read a book called "Frindle".
They were told to recreate a war, but instead of weapons you would only have pens.
What would happen?
Riley took it very literally & we recreated the American Civil War, Gettysburg Battle,
as best we could with pens.
"I think that if people would have had pens instead of swords or other weapons they would have had pen battles. They might sword fight with pens but I also think they would have written how they felt on each other. Things would have been different if they only fought with pens because not as many people would have gotten hurt or died. People's opinions might have changed about what side they wanted to be on if they saw how other people felt by the words written on people's bodies"
We had some friends, The Alvies, come help us out with some visual aids.
10/19
Riley also got Hand, Foot & Mouth for the 1st time in his life.
Riley also got Hand, Foot & Mouth for the 1st time in his life.
Of course, he noticed the spots 30 minutes after I had dropped him off at school.
I know the school must think I'm a bad parent for not noticing them that morning but what's a mom to do.
They were only slightly on his hands. It must have been a really mild case.



No comments:
Post a Comment