Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Catch Phrase Wednesday #14

1. I love the stories that Riley tells, but sometimes they take forever. He is a chatter-box! The other day he kept talking & talking so Josh asked "Why do you talk so much?" Without hesitation, Riley replied "That's just how Jesus made me!" Can't argue with that:)

2. Saturday Josh went upstairs to put Riley in the bathtub. He went to get Riley & found him in his room coloring his foot black with marker.

Josh: "What the heck are you doing? We don't color on ourselves!"
Riley: "But I want to be black!"

The next day I sat down with Riley.

Aubrey: "Riley, yesterday you said that you want to be black. Is that because you want to be the same skin color as your friend Devean?"
Riley: "No.....Devean is brown. I want to be the color black because then @ night you can't see me & I can be invisible."

We talked to him about him needing to stay as he is because "that's how Jesus made him" & that we love him the way he is (not green, purple, blue or any other color). What a creative & crazy kid!

3. I'm sure this is the reason Riley wants to be invisible. Last night, Josh came out of the bathroom & walked across the hallway to our bedroom. All the lights were off & when Josh walked thru the door Riley asked in a deep whispery voice "Can I have a piece of gum?" & shot his nerf gun @ the wall right by Josh. Apparently, Riley had this all planned & was standing on our bed with his gun loaded in the dark waiting for Josh. Josh admits it scared him and that it was a well planned attack.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a goofy fun kid. I love the Jesus talk.

Jenni said...

Oh my gosh. I totally laughed out loud on that one. "I want to be black" not brown, black! So funny.