Sunday, July 29, 2012

9 Years

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Can't believe you are 9!
I feel old.

You bring so much laughter to our house.
Like here with Max (2) pushing you (8).
6/13

You are a great big brother.
6/17

You are such a good kid & we really enjoy the one on one time that we ocasionally get with you.
6/23

I like that you have such a good relationship with your grandparents
& that you like sharing (or rubbing in) your adventures with them
like here when we went to Costco & got slurpees on the same day & you had to have proof for Grandma Christine since she loves both too.
6/26

You are becoming more and more adventurous.
7/2

7/8

Even though you are growing up I still get to see glimpses of your innocence/naiveness.
Like when you asked Grandma Christine why Grandpa John slept with a pillow between his legs
& she said "So he doesn't catch the sheets on fire from his legs rubbing together."
Look who's sleeping with a pillow between his legs now?
7/14

You are very random but it makes us smile.
7/15

We love you & as Grandpa Clegg would say "You are a gem!"
Love- Mom & Dad

For Riley's birthday Josh & I had asked him if he wanted a birthday party
or if he wanted a special trip with one or possibly both of us.
He chose to have the trip.

On his actual birthday he woke up to this to break through.
I didn't sleep well that night because I was so paranoid that Chase was going to wake up first & ruin it.
Chase did wake up first & in his sleepy daze he crawled under it.
Then when Riley woke up he liked it so much that he didn't want to ruin it so he climbed through it too.

Breakfast pancakes for the birthday boy.

It was a really laid back day.
We ordered Mountain Mike Pizzas & invited Brad, Jackie & the boys over.

Later we had family over for ice cream cake.

He was one happy 9 year old & can't wait to find out about his trip.

Then Riley gave us another reason to love him.
He is a ninja!
Smacked himself in the face to kill this fly.

No comments: