Riley's Baptism Day
On Saturday, August 6, 2011
Riley Grant Phillips
became an official member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
He was baptized by his dad, Joshua Phillips.
His Grandpa Phillips & Great Grandpa Clegg were the witnesses.
When stepping out of the baptismal font Josh said he looked over at Riley
& saw that Riley was just sobbing.
He asked "What's wrong?" & Riley just looked up and said "Nothing. I'm just so happy."
He was confirmed a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
& given the gift of The Holy Ghost by
his Dad, Grandpa Phillips, Great Grandpa Clegg, Uncle Drew, Great Uncle Ed, Bishop Brown, & Steve Larson.
Afterwards everyone headed to our place where we hung out in the backyard
& ate pulled pork sandwiches (1st time I've ever made pulled pork),
fruit kabobs, chips & lemonade.
We ended the night with peach crisp & around the fire pit.
It was such a happy day for our family & a day that we hope he never forgets.
(I wish I had taken more photos)

No comments:
Post a Comment