Sunday, October 14, 2012

50th Surprise

My mom turned the big 5-0 on October 11th.
We celebrated with a low key evening of roasting marshmellows.

Or so she thought.
In all actuallity we planned her a SURPRISE birthday party.



She is pretty hard to surprise so we had to get creative in getting her out of the house without her suspecting it. So why not throw Chase's party during the setup of hers.
Thankfully I had a lot of help from her friends and family.
She WAS surprised.

 

I made a big 5 & 0 out of pictures of her growing up for people to check out.
We also had 50 balloons throughout the house.

It was great to see so many friends and family from throughout her life attend
& help my dad and I pull this off.

Of course we had to set the cake a blaze with 50 candles.

It was great & I hope she forgives me for lying about the party.
The invitations were out by the time she asked so it was too late.

The boys and I were trying to have this done for the party but it didn't get done in time.
It's a throwback to the one my Dad did for her on a blank billboard 31 years ago.

Here's a picture of the original.

No comments: