Saturday, September 20, 2008

Catch Phrase Catch Up

I know that this isn't a Wednesday, but I'm catching up on blogging today so it's just going to have to do.


1. Riley's teacher wants parents to go through the kids backpacks when they get home from school to see what they did that day/ get any handouts. It's also a way to get in a habit so that when they start bringing home homework parents will see that the students have some. Anyways, she was asking the kids if their parents were doing that with them and how it was going. We found out @ back to school night that Riley's reply was "When my mom checks my work she says Yay or good job, but when my dad checks it he says ehhh (like so-so)". The teacher laughed and said "I don't think that your dad says that. He seems like a very nice guy." Riley thought about it for a second and then said "Yeah, he probably didn't say that."


2.Josh's mom always gets up with Josh's dad and helps him off to work. A couple of weeks ago as she came back into the house from the garage she felt someone behind her. She panicked thinking that someone had sneaked in while she was outside. She slowly turned around and there was Riley standing there in the dark laundry room. "Riley, you scared me!" she said. "Sorry Grandma. I was waiting for you because I need someone to walk me to the bathroom. The hallways too dark." was his reply. Why he decided that he could stand in a dark laundry room, but not walk down a dark hallway is beyond us. He did scare Veda pretty good though.


3. When Riley says that he's full and his dinner isn't all gone my mom will say "Because your 5 you need to take 5 more bites and then you can be done". The other day when she said that he asked "Grandma, when I'm 100 that's gonna be a lot of bites!"

No comments: